Thursday, October 23, 2014

EOC Week 3: My Demographic

Millennials. Both the baby boomers and Gen Xers will one day be passing the reins to the Millennials (also called Generation Y or the echo boomers). Born between 1977 and 2000, these children of the baby boomers number 83 million, dwarfing the Gen Xers and larger even than the baby boomer segment. This group includes several age cohorts: tweens (aged 9–12), teens (13–18), and young adults (19–32). With total purchasing power of more than $733 billion, the Millennials make up a huge and attractive market.

 One thing that all of the Millennials have in common is their utter fluency and comfort with digital technology. They don’t just embrace technology, it’s a way of life. The Millennials were the first generation to grow up in a world filled with computers, cellphones, satellite TV, iPods, and online social networks. A recent study found that 91 percent of Millennials are on the Web, making up 32 percent of all U.S. Internet users. According to another study, 77 percent of Millennials frequent social networking sites and 71 percent use instant messaging. “All generations are comfortable with technology, but this is the generation that’s been formed by technology,” says a Yahoo! executive. For them, “it’s not something separate. It’s just something they do.”

A Millennial now days does fit in with what the book says. Because kids to teenager always on their phone if not on the phone but on the computer. Now days is all about technology before there was nothing about technology.

With being a Millennial I fit in with always being on my phone and if not on my phone I'll be using the computer, It's like I'm addiction to technology now days or ever since I could be able to pick up a phone when I was in my tween. Got introduction to technology at a very young age from my parent because they gave me a cell phone in middle school so they could keep in touch with me. Since technology just keeps getting better and also more high tech. Being a teenager you want to fit in with having the latest phone and keeping up with technology. Didn't want to be the kid that didn't have the the update to phone.

From young little kids to adult be update to the latest technology for example computers to cellphones. Even little kids have Ipad just for kids and that teach them letter,numbers and games to learn. With the years fast by the technology will just keep growing and getting more high tech.

When I was a little kids didn't have no high tech Ipad I could learn from like little kids have now days. Back when I was little technology was simple and not to high tech for example cellphones was a flip phone or a house phone was a phone connected to a cord. How I learn to count numbers or even learning my letters I'll watch the T.V. no cellphone, no Ipad, or not even computers. My teaching system was pasta, blocks, math scale or old school ways hand and toes. But when growing up and getting older technology did the same as I was.  

No comments:

Post a Comment